1. Why do I need to attend a face-to-face interview with an First Health Care Agency?
All candidates are required to attend a face-to-face meeting with an First Health Care Agency Consultant, this enables us to meet you and verify your experience, training and Right to work status.
2. How do I register with you - as I cannot find details of any of your branches?
First Health Care Agency has moved away from branch locations, preferring to have our medical consultants based throughout the UK. Our medical consultants are car or office based and therefore have the complete flexibility to meet with you in your local area or workplace or our office. All of our Roving Consultants are equipped with document scanners and other equipment to enable them to fully assist you to register.
3. Why is the registration process so onerous, I never had to do this even for my current employer?
We recognize that registration with the First Health Care Agency can be a time-consuming process: as a responsible healthcare recruiter we are bound by the statutory recruitment and care standards regulations as well as the regulations and requirements of our clients. To help you to achieve full compliance we have partnered with a number of organisations and have dedicated teams of clearance and research staff to assist you. Ultimately remember it will all be worthwhile as once you are cleared to work with us we have a number of different agency brands that you will automatically become eligible to work for.
4. My full time job is within the NHS and I have never had to undertake all the training and compliance that you are asking me for and I work there every day: why do I need this in order to do the odd agency shift back in the NHS?
The NHS are very clear on these requirements; and as an agency worker you are effectively viewed as a new starter within the NHS meaning that you have to undertake all the training and occupational health requirements.
5. There seems to be a high level of training required, where can I go for this and get these courses done?
First Health Care Agency has partnered with Train The Trainer, who provides all the necessary courses that you will require to become compliant. Many of the courses are available online so therefore can be undertaken at your leisure. First Health Care Agency has partnered with national training providers who deliver manual handling and CPR training. You will receive certificates for your portfolio for any course that you attend that is affiliated with us.
6. Why do I need a Criminal Records check, when I have one that has been done recently with my current employer?
It is a legal requirement that all candidates who work in positions that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act undergo an enhanced disclosure for each and every agency or employer that they work for. The check must be in place prior to you undertaking any assignment.
7. First Health Care Agency keeps asking me for my copy of the CRB check, surely you don’t need this as the CRB has sent First Health Care Agency their own copy?
When the Criminal Records Bureau issue a disclosure certificate, they issue one copy to the registered body (First Health Care Agency) and the other copy is the applicant's copy which is for your own records. Registered bodies are prevented from disclosing any details to a third party concerning your CRB. We therefore request a copy of your applicant’s copy as many of our clients will insist on sight of this prior to accepting you for an assignment.
8. I completed a CRB with you over 12 months ago and have been working without issue ever since and now you are asking me to complete a new disclosure, is this really necessary?
It is a NHS requirement and indeed a requirement of the majority of our clients that a new CRB is instigated every 12 months.
9. It seems a lot to remember and as a busy working healthcare professional, I am concerned that a document will lapse and I unwittingly will become non-compliant. How can you help me with this?
We recognize that many of the compliance documents that you provide us with will lapse at different times in the year: we have therefore introduced our candidate portal Staffshift to assist you with this. Once you are registered with First Health Care Agency you can access Staffshift and look at your compliance status, ask questions, and update availability - therefore being more in control of your records and compliance. Our systems are very intelligent and in addition to the Staffshift portal, email reminders will be sent to you on a regular basis providing you with time to comply with any requirements.
10. This all seems a lot of work that I have to do to undertake agency shifts, how can I be sure this is worth my while?
A24 Group cannot guarantee you work, our work is dependent on the demand for temporary staffing from our clients throughout England and Wales. We do however book in excess of 40,000 of temporary hours every week and our consultants are extremely pro-active, therefore affording you the best work opportunities in the market.
11. Is First Health Care Agency affiliated to any other agencies?
We operate with GRI and work as First Health Care Agency. First Health Care Agency is predominately a supplier in the high-end 'spot' market of temporary staffing and works to achieve the highest rates possible for healthcare professionals.
12. Who do I speak to if I am unhappy about anything?
You can ring and speak to our team on 01274 921900
Putting You In Good Hands
Get In Touch
Hi, thanks for having a look aaround, still need more information? give us a call, our team would love to help.